Rihanna, the Barbadian entrepreneur and music icon, continues to make waves in the industry despite the absence of a new album. Recently, she took to Instagram to share a significant achievement: becoming the first-ever female artist to have ten songs with over one billion streams on Spotify.
It has been seven and a half years since her last album, ANTI, was released, but Rihanna’s influence remains strong. The 35-year-old mother has diversified her portfolio with successful ventures such as Fenty Beauty/Skin and Savage x Fenty. In addition to her entrepreneurial pursuits, she has been traveling the world and headlined the Super Bowl Halftime Show, which drew more viewers than the game itself. Recently, she was spotted in Paris with A$AP Rocky, attending Pharrell‘s debut show as Louis Vuitton’s menswear creative director. The pair is currently in Barbados, where Rocky was seen filming a music video.
Rihanna expressed her excitement on Instagram, captioning her announcement with a few lines, “Bad Gal billi … / wit no new album… / lemme talk my shit.” Fellow industry queen Nicki Minaj joined in the celebration, responding with a quick freestyle of her own, “Not Bad Gal billi / Poppin st like a wheelie / I mean poppin like a pilly, like a really / Man Down ‘cuz she making a killy,” Minaj’s bars began. “SILLY! / Bout to be pushin out a new kid like Gillie / Caribbean girls run it and AWWLLL these bches know da dilly ?. Okay bars ? ?? ?? #babydaddytellmeIGOTprettyeyes.” See the post above for more details.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Q: How many songs by Rihanna have reached one billion streams on Spotify?
- A: Rihanna has achieved the milestone of having ten songs with over one billion streams on Spotify, making her the first female artist to do so.
- Q: When was Rihanna’s last album released?
- A: Rihanna’s most recent album, ANTI, was released seven and a half years ago.
- Q: What ventures has Rihanna pursued outside of music?
- A: Rihanna has ventured into various successful endeavors outside of music, including Fenty Beauty/Skin and Savage x Fenty.
Rihanna is a Barbadian entrepreneur, singer, and songwriter who has made a significant impact on the music and fashion industries. Born on February 20, 1988, in Saint Michael, Barbados, she rose to fame with her debut album, “Music of the Sun,” in 2005. Rihanna’s versatile talent and captivating persona have earned her numerous accolades and record-breaking achievements throughout her career.